Saturday, August 4, 2007

Momma Says...

Momma says that Di was the best behaved kid any mother could have. She started going to school at the age of two and loved it…funnily it was me who used to start crying the moment I would see di in her school uniform n her school bag…it was a sense of being abandoned…of losing her...and every morning I would be damn frightened thinking she would never come back….and yes I started hating school (our school).To me it was an evil place.

Momma says I was the worst behaved kid of the lot…I was “jedi ” (stubborn), “chalak” ( no, not intelligent but cunning) , moody and yes a big egotist …I was too proud to cry in front of everyone and so frightened that I would hide and cry in the bathroom. I was chalak enough to make a feasible excuse not to go to school and it famously came to be known as “The Potty Excuse” ….I would quietly get dressed in my grey uniform (I hated the colour) without a fuss. As the clock struck 7, I would go n sit in the potty with of course the constipated expression ( I always believe acting is a God gifted talent—u don’t learn it u just have it) and wait till I could hear the school van stopping in front of our gate n then leaving without me. I would then come out all smiles. I was happy that I didn’t have to go to school, happier that I have fooled everyone around me and happiest because I can stay at home and be with my li'l sis, Baby Boo…no one understood me L…I had taken so much of effort for my dear li'l Boo…I didn’t want to leave her all alone…I didn’t want her to feel the way I felt when didi would leave me for her school…who will play with Baby Boo???who will talk to her n chat with her??? I had to make a choice between school n my lil sis n obviously I chose Boo.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

ooops!! my bloody clumsy fingers, I deleted the earlier comment.
I can't believe I'm married to such a wicked woman...lol. I think all of us, at some point in time, have made the potty excuse to escape school:)

Devyani Chakravarty said...

gr8 one!!!!!!!!!!made me feel nostalgic but something has'nt change.you still give the'potty excuse'when we chat over the phone.

Devyani Chakravarty said...

khub bhalo laglo.portey portey emotional hoygelam.
mamma