Sunday, August 5, 2007

Momma takes me to school...

Unfortunately momma knew more about child psychology than what I knew about “momma psychology.” Momma says that right from the moment she saw me n held me, she knew I was different from her first born. Di was the friendly, sincere, disciplined daughter and most importantly, Di always listened to what momma said. Momma wasn’t a typical mother (and never will be).
After my “Potty Excuse” episode She did not force me to school. Instead, when school time would be over, she and I would stand at the school gate to take Di back home. Momma would encourage me to make friends with the school children and in no time did I learn that school can be fun and friends. As I was too proud, I did not want to tell momma that “now am ready for school” so I simply laid down my school uniform in the bed and took out the school shoes…I don’t remember what momma said…maybe she smiled. She had won the first of the many battles that were yet to come. ..

No comments: